How to Choose Clothes for Running
One of the most useful habits is regular morning or evening jogging. Running increases the body tone and improves mood and physical form. In order for jogging to bring you the maximum benefit and pleasure, you should not only calculate the load correctly but also choose the right equipment.
Principles of choice
Always wear season clothes for jogging. In the warm season, it is worth to choose wicking activewear. In cold weather, you should wear sports clothes that provide not only moisture pick-up but also thermoregulation.
Good running equipment must be light, flexible, and on-size. It is also characterized by the presence of flatlock seams that rub less and do not cause irritation to the skin.
You should choose clothes for running outdoors with reflective insets. This element will protect you during jogging in bad weather when the visibility is very low.
Materials and fabrics
Clothing made from natural materials is not suitable for sports. Wet clothing sticks to the body and brings discomfort. In the cold season, it is easy to catch a cold wearing such clothes. The sportswear that is made of special synthetic fabrics absorbs moisture well in the summer and sustains heat during the cold season.
- Absorb moisture well.
- In case of intense perspiration, the material becomes wet. It causes discomfort and may lead to hypothermia in cold weather.
High-tech breathable materials used for the production of clothing for running are designed specifically for strenuous exercise. Clothing made of synthetic fabrics creates a good microclimate: it contributes to the evaporation of sweat, and at the same time, sustains heat in cold weather and prevents the body from overheating during the high temperatures.
- are elastic;
- absorb and derive moisture well, provide comfort;
- do not violate the natural thermal exchange;
- keep their shape;
- resistant to light and heat.
During the jogging, a large exercise load falls on the muscles and joints. In order to reduce the risk of edema and vascular dystonia, it is recommended to wear compressive clothing. The principle of sportswear is based on the fact that it compresses the limbs in varying degrees of pressure depending on the muscle group.
- reduces pain in the limbs;
- promotes rapid recovery;
- prevents vascular diseases;
- wicks away moisture;
- contributes to normal thermoregulation.
Also, the pressure of the compressive garment reduces the strength of impact while running and, as a result, reduces the risk of injury. Additional support of muscles, ligaments, and tendons reduces the risk of micro-breaks that can lead to more serious injuries. This is especially important during heavy physical activity.
1. Before the first wash, pay attention to the label on the product. If machine wash is allowed, wash the activewear at 30–40 °C.
2. Use detergent without bleach. Wash clothes without adding a softener.
3. It is better to choose a delicate mode.
4. It is desirable to dry sports clothes in a natural way.
5. Keep your sportswear clean and unrumpled.
Next post: How to date a russian woman.